Surgical Radio Wave Removal
One of the most common and effective ways to remove skin tumors is RadioSurgery. During the operation, the doctor makes contactless excision of the affected tissue with a radio knife (surgitron).
Surgitron is a radio wave knife developed by the American scientists and passed all the necessary tests for safety and compliance with quality standards. When removing nevus with the use of this device, only pigmented tissues fall under the destructive effect, and healthy skin areas are not injured. The duration of the procedure can vary from a few minutes to half an hour, depending on the number and size of birthmarks.
The technique is considered the most gentle and effective. High-frequency waves form thermal energy and, in a non-contact way gently cut the tissues and literally evaporate the pigmented cells, leaving a barely noticeable trace in place of the impact. The main advantage of this method is that there is no physical pressure on the surface layers of the skin.
The other advantages:
- When exposed to radio waves, healthy tissues remain intact and uninjured
- The operation lasts no more than 20 minutes;
- Absence of bleeding during the procedure;
- Painlessness of the procedure;
- Short postoperative period and absence of complications;
- Absence of scars and marks after their removal;
- Low probability of side effects (swelling, redness, inflammation);
- Sterilization of tissues during the surgery;
- No necessity for postoperative wound care;
- the tissues are not destroyed during the procedure, that makes it possible to conduct a histological analysis;
- Ability to carry out the procedure ambulatory;
- Ability to remove the birthmark in any zone of the body.
Indications for radio wave surgery:
- Molluscum contagiosum;
- Genital warts;
- Seborrheic keratosis.
The radio knife is not used in the following cases:
- Malignant Skin Neoplasms;
- The presence of heart rate sensors in the body;
- Viral lesions of the skin (herpes);
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Rehabilitation and possible complications:
As the radiowave removal of moles is being executed without contact of the electrode with the skin, there are no complications after the procedure, and the rehabilitation period proceeds smoothly.
After the procedure, the following recommendations should be observed:
- Do not expose to the sun without a protective cream during several weeks.
- Do not attend the sauna, pool and steam room for several days.
- Make 3 times treatment of the skin with a solution of antiseptic for several days.