The mammary glands are part of the female reproductive system, the mammary gland tissues are targets for steroid ovarian hormones, prolactin, placental hormones and indirectly the hormones of other endocrine glands of the body.
Image genopathy or fibrocystic disease is a disease of the mammary glands of women, due to the development of which glandular and connective tissue grows in the breast, which further leads to the formation of various kinds of seals or cysts in the mammary gland. This disease is most common among women whose age ranges from 30 to 50 years. However, for women who have already gone through menopause, this disease is not characteristic.
There are two main types of mastopathy:
- A modular form of the disease in which a condensation in the form of a knot is formed in the mammary glands of women.
- The diffuse form of the disease in which there are several small-sized formations in the chest at once, the shape of which is different.
The main symptoms of mastopathy:
- Recurrent chest pains. In some cases, the pain may be permanent, but most often they occur during periods a few days before the menstruation.
- The emergence of various types of seals in the breast of a woman. To the touch, these seals have a volumetric shape, and their size may vary during the entire menstrual cycle.
The main reasons for the development of mastopathy
One of the main reasons for the development of mastopathy are disorders and shifts occurring in the hormonal background of a woman. In most cases, such shifts result in:
- Various diseases of the ovaries
- Thyroid disease
- Liver pathologies
The cause of the disease can be the pathology of many organs that are in any way involved in the metabolism of sex hormones of a woman.
Diagnosis of mastopathy
In most cases, an ultrasound of the breast or mammography is sufficient to detect mastopathy. However, at times, in order to detect a disease, it is necessary to undergo an examination by an oncologist, and also to conduct research on the hormonal background of a woman, that is, to check the level of estrogen, prolactin, and progesterone in her body.
In some individual situations, a biopsy of the breast tissue is performed. This is done in order to conduct cytology.
Treatment: The correction of the hormonal level in the woman’s body, the appointment of homeopathic remedies, vitamins, herbal remedies, and light diuretics, most often helps.
Fibrosclerosis is a nodal formation in the mammary gland. Fibrosclerosis is a disease that can be caused by an imbalance in the content of glandular and connective tissues in the breast of a woman. This disease is most often manifested in situations where the connective tissue cells in the breast significantly exceed the number of glandular cells. Thus, there is a displacement of some tissues by others in the sides of the armpits. As a result of these processes, more dense areas with uneven boundaries are formed in the breast of a woman.
Most often, fibrosclerosis is characteristic of women aged 35 to 55 years.
The main symptoms of fibrosclerosis
- the appearance of painful sensations in one breast, and in both;
- painful sensations appear during the second half of the woman’s menstrual cycle;
- in the period before the onset of menstruation, painful sensations can be greatly enhanced;
- chest pain is not permanent, on the contrary, it changes its intensity;
- mammary glands become rougher;
- swelling appears on the mammary glands;
- a woman’s breast volume increases slightly;
- chest pains stop with the onset of menstruation in a woman;
In some cases, fibrosclerosis is accompanied in women with a complete absence of pain in the mammary glands. However, the presence of seals in the chest is still preserved.
Recently, the following factors have been attributed to the symptoms of this disease:
- permanent depression in women
- increased anxiety
- the appearance of an obsessive fear of cancer in a woman’s body
- this fear is called cancer phobia
Sometimes all this may be accompanied by discharge from the nipples of various liquids, which may vary in color and structure.
Diagnosis of fibrosclerosis
In the process of diagnosis of fibrosclerosis, a number of characteristic studies are conducted:
- Breast ultrasound
- Clinical researches
- Cytological studies
- X-ray of mammary glands
All these methods should be used in combination in order to obtain a more effective result.
Treatment of fibrosclerosis
This disease can be cured only surgically. For maintenance treatment, you can use a variety of herbal remedies. This will help protect the body from the side effects of other drugs.
Discharge from the nipple can be of different colors:
- White (milk)
Causes of nipple discharge:
- intraductal papilloma, characteristic of women 32-55 years
- ectasia of the mammary ducts, which most often affects women aged 40 to 50 years
- mastitis, which is an inflammation of the mammary glands
- galactorrhea that occurs when a woman has prolactin in excess
- mastopathy, caused by a hormonal imbalance of a woman
- breast tumors
- bruises and damage to the mammary glands
Diagnosis of the disease
- Ultrasound examination of the breast
- Blood test
Intraductal papilloma is a disease in the course of which a palpable node is formed in a woman’s mammary gland, which delivers constant painful sensations. Most often observed in women about 48 years. It is also important to note that this pathology is not typical for women younger than 20 and older than 50 years.
- pain in the nipples
- discharge from the nipple greenish-brown or bloody discharge
- all these symptoms cause discomfort to women, pain and spoil underwear
Causes of intraductal papilloma
Among the main causes of intraductal papilloma, diffuse fibrocystic or nodal mastopathy occupies a special place. This disease leads to the expansion of the ducts of the mammary glands, in which papillomas are subsequently formed. Studies also show that another cause of the disease may be a violation of the hormonal background of a woman.
To diagnose this disease can be a series of examinations, the most common among which are:
- cytological examination of nipple secretions
Treatment of intraductal papilloma surgery.
MASTITIS is a disease that is an inflammation that occurs in the mammary glands of women as a result of the introduction of various kinds of infections.
- The occurrence of seals in the mammary glands, the skin around which is hyperemic; in the process of feeding the child pain in the chest
- Fatigue, persistent headache, fever
- The occurrence of an inexplicable severe chill
- An increase in the mammary gland in size, an increase in its temperature
The main cause of such an inflammatory process in the breast of a woman in most cases is infection.
Diagnosis of mastitis is not difficult, since this disease has a number of characteristic features only for it. For this reason, the doctor can easily determine it during the most simple examination.
Early treatment of mastitis –antibacterial therapy. If the disease is neglected, then surgery.