Treatment of Hair Loss
There are many reasons why hair can fall out, and without an experienced specialist, it will be very difficult to cope with it.
Which doctors should I contact?
It is important to understand that it is from the exact identification of the problems with the hair depends on their recovery. As we have already said, before you begin treatment, you need to do diagnostic, take tests and identify the cause. To do this you need to contact a trichologist first, or dermatologist, who will observe your treatment, but most likely you will be sent for a consultation with other doctors:
- Gynecologist – the doctor can send to hand over analyzes on hormones if there are suspicions and to make US.
- Endocrinologist – will check the thyroid gland and thyroid hormones. Because the hair is directly depends on its proper functioning.
- Gastroenterologist – consultation of this doctor is mandatory, even if you have never had complaints. Almost all problems with the gastrointestinal tract can cause hair loss. And a dysbacteriosis in which all useful substances in food or in tablets are not absorbed by the body, as well as with increased acidity of the stomach.
- Neuropathologist – if you quickly get tired, feel general fatigue, irritability, have problems with the nervous system or blood circulation, please consult a specialist.
For the hair loss diagnosis you may need to do the following tests:
- A biochemical analysis of blood is done to see protein, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism and much more;
- Trichogramma of hair, with which the doctor determines the condition of the roots of hair under the microscope and the phase in which the hair is located, a low percentage of hair in the growth phase indicates their loss. To the result of the trichogramma was more accurate, do not wash the hair 2-3 days before the procedure.
- Blood test for hormones – there may be two types of hormone analysis: female hormones (Progesterone, Prolactin, Estradiol, Dihydrotestosterone) and thyroid hormone analysis (TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone, tirotropine), T3 free (triiodothyronine free), T4 free thyroxin free), antibodies to thyroid peroxidase (AT-TPO, microsomal antibodies), antibodies to thyroglobulin (AT-TG).It doesn’t mean that you will need to take all types, the doctor will determine which ones you need.
- A blood test for the level of ferritin needs to be done, even if the hemoglobin is normal. Ferritin is the main indicator of iron reserve in the body, plays an important role in maintaining the iron which directly affects on the hair condition.
- Blood analysis for the level of zinc, magnesium and calcium in the body, all these minerals can cause severe problems with the hair, or even baldness, and also can be a blood test for vitamin and amino acid levels in the body.
Effective treatment of hair loss:
If you have found any specific health problems, for example, problems with the digestive tract or thyroid, then the doctors (gastroenterologist or endocrinologist) prescribe a special treatment for these diseases, but don’t forget about the specific treatment of hair. Hair treatment should be gradual and complex:
- Medication treatment. Basically, these are pills that work to eliminate the deficiencies of vitamins and micro-macro elements in the body.
- Medicinal serums, lotions for topical application, which need to be rubbed into the scalp. There are a lot of them, but the doctor will recommend which will suit you most. They need to be used in courses, for several months.
- Mesotherapy of the scalp. The essence of mesotherapy is the introduction of intradermal vitamins, microelements and other drugs into the scalp. This technique allows you to significantly improve blood supply, and provide hair follicles with all the necessary nutrients, prevent problems associated with hair loss, hair structure and scalp condition.
- Plasmolifting of the scalp. Plasmolifting – treatment and restoration of hair by injection. The peculiarity of plasmolifting is that the procedure takes its own blood. Blood is taken from the vein, and then it is poured into a vacuum tube and placed in a centrifuge, where the blood is processed and purified. Then the plasma is drawn into the syringe and micro injections are made into the scalp. Today, this is one of the best and effective ways to combat hair loss, even results are noticeable in androgenic alopecia.