Fractional anti-aging laser
Laser facial resurfacing is the superficial impact of a laser beam on the skin. Under the action of this ray, the upper cornified skin cells are removed, at the same time active production of collagen takes place in the upper layers of the skin. The depth and area of the laser exposure is determined by the doctor at the consultation. The procedure of laser resurfacing does not require general anesthesia, but is performed under local anesthetics. The result of laser resurfacing is noticeable in a few days. Currently, this procedure is an alternative to facial plastic surgery. Rejuvenation and skin tightening is performed without surgery and postoperative recovery, the result persists for several years.
As a result of laser resurfacing:
- skin becomes light, pigmentation disappears;
- scars and stretch marks become invisible;
- wrinkles are smoothed out;
- the skin becomes smooth and supple.
Indications for laser skin resurfacing
- Changes in the skin as a result of aging: wrinkles, uneven skin.
- Pigmented spots.
- Scars after acne.
- Scars and marks after surgery or trauma.
- Reduced skin tone.
Contraindications for laser face resurfacing are few:
- neoplasms on the skin;
- the tendency of the skin to form keloid scars;
- herpes in the acute stage;
- blood diseases;
Laser facial resurfacing has several advantages over other rejuvenating procedures:
- The procedure is performed ambulatory, it does not require a stay in the hospital, in contrast to plastic manipulation.
- No age restrictions.
- Presently this is the safest procedure for rejuvenating the face.
- Skin healing occurs in 3-5 days.
- Rehabilitation is 4-7 days. The recovery period depends on the depth and power of the laser action.
- Good effect lasting for 7-12 months.
- Rejuvenating effect is noticeable for 3-4 years.
- There is no thinning of the skin.
The newest version of laser resurfacing is fractional. The difference between fractional resurfacing from the standard laser resurfacing is that the device used for the fractional one is so sensitive that it can only affect individual micro areas of the skin without affecting the entire skin. These skin areas are called fractions, and the skin resurfacing method was called fractional. Selective impact is controlled by the computer program. After the procedure the recovery period is significantly reduced, because unaffected skin areas contribute to the fastest tightening of microtraumas. At the same time, the lifting effect with is more noticeable, because there is a contraction of unaffected areas of the skin. Fractional resurfacing can tighten the skin in the eyelids, neck and décolleté.
Complete recovery after the laser resurfacing procedure is one month, and after fractional – only 7 days. After the procedure of laser resurfacing, redness is kept for 3-5 days, and after fractional the skin looks as if it has just been slightly burned in the sun.
Fractional laser face resurfacing gives the following results:
- very noticeable skin lifting and wrinkle smoothing.
- elimination of pigmentation.
- rejuvenation in the upper and lower eyelids.
- smoothing wrinkles around the mouth.
- neck and decollete lifting.
After laser resurfacing there may be minor painful sensation, swelling and redness for 5-7 days. In order to make this period as comfortable as possible, the doctor prescribes drugs to relieve the pain syndrome. Care after laser facial resurfacing the patient has to use ointments and gel. It is recommended to moisturize the skin with thermal water after the third day after the procedure, unless the doctor has appointed a different period. For 2-3 months it’s recommended to avoid the sun exposure and visits to the solarium.
To achieve the maximum effect from the laser resurfacing procedure, you should entrust this procedure only to highly qualified specialists.