Aptos Threads Lifting
What is lifting APTOS threads?
For more than 10 years, the method of facelift using APTOS threads has been used in 48 countries around the world. The founder and pioneer of this method of rejuvenation was Georgian plastic surgeon M. Sulamanidze.
The name “APTOS” consists of two parts – “a” (negation) and “ptos”, which in Latin means “omission”. The procedure in which the APTOS threads are used means literally “against omission”. After lifting for 1-3 months in the place of minor damage to connective tissue a new tissue with clear contours is formed.
What types of APTOS threads are used?
- Non-resorbable or surgical – these are polypropylene threads that are inserted no deeper than the subcutaneous fat layer. Skin thus receives a strong additional skeleton, and nerves and the basic vessels stay not injured. The threads of APTOS can be smooth, as well as with cones and incisions, which allow the material to firmly fix the tissues. This type of lifting is applied in places of strongly marked ptosis: nasolabial folds, face oval, chin area, upper eyelid. The effect lasts up to 5 years.
- Resorbable APTOS threads are made of caprolactone, which contains L-lactic acid. This kind of threads is also called cosmetological or “bioiniti”, and the product line is represented by such varieties as Excellence, Nano, LightLift. These strands make notches, thanks to which they are securely attached directly under the skin. The period of dissolution of these threads lasts from 3 months to 1 year. The period of use is up to 2 years.
- APTOS Needle are used only in surgery, because they are made of non-absorbable material and tightly attached to tissues in places with small cuts. Usually this type of filamentary lifting is carried out on the scalp of patients with marked age changes (from 50 years and up).
What age is the best for the thread lifting?
- Up to 40 years – both absorbable and non-absorbable threads can be applied. The choice of material depends on zone of application.
- Up to 50 years – non-absorbable threads are applied which, with the time can be tightened by a surgeon.
- From 50 years and above – non-absorbable threads, which are attached to the skin with the help of incisions and suture material. The length of the incisions is up to 0.5 cm, and the incisions themselves are localized in invisible places (the scalp, behind the ears).
Which zones can be corrected with APTOS lifting technique?
- nasolabial fold.
- Chin area.
- Decollete and neck zones.
- Brow arches and upper eyelid area.
- The area of cheekbones and cheeks.
- Zone around the eyes.
- Corners of the lips.
- Area of ears.
- Zone of abdomen, thighs, arms and chest.
Indications for the thread lifting:
- Atrophy of the skin and the appearance of the signs of aging.
- uneven relief of soft tissues.
- omission of the eyebrows.
- folds on the forehead, around the mouth and nasolabial folds.
- tear through.
- deformation of the face.
- folds and sagging of the skin in various places of the body.
Rehabilitation period after Aptos tread lifting:
APTOS threads lift is being carried out in the “Dubai Dermatology Clinic”, the procedure in any case does not require hospitalization. The entire rehabilitation period takes an average of about 2 weeks. Immediately after the introduction, there may be swelling, bruising and unevenness, which disappear after 3-5 days. It is not recommended to massage the area of introduction of threads for 5-7 days, to sleep on the side or on the stomach (preferably on the back), to visit solarium, sauna and steam. Also during one month the patient should refrain from active facial expressions and sport activity.