Microdermabrasion, or micro-polishing is one of the most popular procedures for cleansing and rejuvenating the skin. Microdermabrasion is a procedure during which the upper layer of the skin is polished with the help of fine crystals.
Our skin consists of two layers: the epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is the uppermost layer, and it’s a zone of the growing and renewing of the cells. The epidermis is covered by a the stratum corneum consisting of hard dead cells. This is a barrier that prevents the ingress of harmful substances into the body. Only the smallest molecules can penetrate hrough the stratum corneum. When we apply nourishing and moisturizing creams to the skin, only a part of their active components can penetrate through the stratum corneum. The same cornified layer is the habitat of wrinkles, spots and other skin defects.
The mechanism of microdermabrasion is as follows: the stratum corneum is scraped off by the flow of micro crystals, and the body, after receiving a signal about breaking the skin barrier, quickly stimulates the formation of new epidermal cells. Within an hour after microdermabrasion, the skin may turn slightly red, sometimes there is slight swelling, but all this completely disappears literally the same day.
The beneficial effects of microdermabrasion are numerous. The dermal relief is levelled, the skin becomes smooth and renewed. New cells of the stratum corneum work much better on their tasks and the appearance of the skin improves noticeably. Skin imperfections: freckles, spots, fine wrinkles and scars disappear along with the old cornified cells on which they were located. In addition, creams and lotions are able to penetrate deeply into the skin, providing the maximum effect, because a much larger number of active components of creams can get into the deeper layers of the skin. Right after microdermabrasion, it’s time to use moisturizers to soak up the skin and smooth it.
There is an evidence that a course of several procedures of microdermabrasion make an influence on the way of the cells production in the epidermis due to which the deeper spots and wrinkle can disappear.
Microdermabrasion is especially good for the cleaning of pores. The pores are not only cleaned of black spots, they become more narrow after 3-4 procedures. And this is natural: since the outlets of the sebaceous glands are cleaned of the dead cells, the pores do not need to expand to bring their contents to the surface of the skin.
The following are the general results of the effectiveness of the microdermabrasion:
- cleaning the surface of light wrinkles and reducing the depth of old ones;
- elimination of pigment spots and restoration of a healthy complexion;
- getting rid of the body from stitches, post-operative scars, stretch marks of a different nature;
- elimination of the effect of coarse crust, softening of the surface of fabric fibers;
- tightening the contours of the skin, increasing elasticity;
- Elimination of acne and narrowing of the pores.
Positive results of microdermabrasion technique application:
As a result of the polishing procedure, the circulatory activity increases, skin cells more readily absorb oxygen and nutrients, which contribute to their regeneration. Tissues begin to produce enzymes, elastin and collagen faster, which contribute to increase of their tone and elasticity. Everything in the complex leads to the skin healing and rejuvenation.
- After the procedure, you can not sunbathe in the solarium and in direct sunlight; before going out, it is desirable to apply sunscreen;
- After the procedure, do not use cosmetics with acids for a week, as they irritate the skin. Apply fat-based creams for a soothing effect;
- Avoid increased stresses, in order to avoid excessive sweating as it can provoke inflammatory elements.