A dermatologist is a doctor who is involved in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of various skin, hair and nail diseases.
What diseases does the dermatologist treat?
The competence of dermatologists is practically the whole spectrum skin diseases, provoked by a variety of causes:
- Acne rash (acne)
- Atopic dermatitis
- Fungal diseases of nails and skin
- Warts and papillomas
- Chronic contact dermatitis
- Allergic skin reactions
- Red flat lichen
- Melanocytic neoplasms (nevi, birthmarks)
- Rosacea (rosacea)
- Perioral and seborrhea dermatitis
- Diseases of the hair and alopecia
- Dermatomes associated with diseases of the endocrine system
- Photo dermatitis and photo-dependent diseases
- Viral diseases (including those caused by ontogeny viruses and the herpes virus)
- Molluscum contagiosum
When should I go to a dermatologist?
Most diseases have a high rate of spread and are fraught with serious complications. Therefore it is important to immediately make an appointment with a doctor or call a doctor at home if you have the following symptoms:
- redness, peeling, itching, the appearance of edema
- pronounced or pale rash
- pustule formations of various kinds
- the appearance of acne, acne on the skin
- change in color, size of warts, and appearance of new ones
- the formation of a large number of moles, as well as changing the appearance of existing ones.
Services of a dermatologist in Skin Clinic:
Diagnosis of skin diseases:
First of all, the doctor examines the skin, assesses the general condition of the skin, pathological manifestations, their nature and prevalence. If necessary, the doctor conducts dermatoscopy – a non-surgical examination of pigmented skin lesions. This type of diagnosis in “Skin Clinic” is carried out with the help of a special device – a dermatoscope, which allows the doctor to study the structure of neoplasm under a 10-fold increase and find out how safe they are. To confirm the diagnosis, bacteriological and biochemical analysis are often required. The modern laboratory of “Skin Clinic”, is equipped with the latest technology, allows you to conduct hundreds of diagnostic studies, which allows you to quickly and accurately confirm the diagnosis and begin treatment.
Treatment of skin diseases:
The skin is a kind of mirror in which the condition of the whole organism is reflected, problems with the gastrointestinal tract, with the immune or endocrine system affect the skin condition. In the treatment of skin diseases, an integrated approach is very important. The doctor can recommend consultations with related specialists (gastroenterologist, immunologist, neurologist, endocrinologist) to identify the true causes of skin problems. For the treatment of skin diseases of various types, “Skin Clinic” uses the most effective complex therapeutic and medication programs, as well as the latest surgical methods.