For many people, living with pain is a way of life. Living a full and active life however may seem impossible. It is actually possible to increase your level of functioning and quality life while reducing your sense of suffering. Pain management is designed to treat chronic pain and allow a person to live a full, enjoyable life.
Pain management requires a person’s dedication, commitment, and knowledge in order to achieve the best results. Sometimes, however, the pain does not go away. This can require a wide variety of skills and techniques to treat the pain.
Chiropractic can be used to treat and manage many conditions including:
- Back pain, sciatica and disc problems
- Neck pain and whiplash
- Joint pain
- Headache and migraine
- Sports injuries
Chiropractic has been proven to help with:
- Cervicogenic headache & migraine (headache arising from the neck)
- Joint pain including hip and knee pain
- Muscle spasms
- Acute and chronic backache (not arising from injury or accident)
- Neck pain & whiplash
- Frozen shoulder, shoulder or elbow pain arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions related to the spine
- Tension and ability to relax (through lifestyle advice)
Chiropractic may help with:
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist problems
- Hip, knee and ankle pain
- Better overall function of muscles, organs and glands
- Improved coordination and strength
- Increased energy
- Stronger immune system (less colds and flu)
- Better posture
- Less spinal degeneration
The Physiotherapy Practitioners working with KindCare strive to improve an individual’s quality of life by physical means. A combination of manual therapy, movement training, exercise programs and physical and electrotherapy agents are used to achieve success and numerous complaints, individual technique include:
- Manipulation / Mobilization
- Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS)
- Traction & Spinal Decompression
- Cryo Therapy
- Hydro Therapy
- Fango Paraffin Treatments
- Trigger point therapy
- Personal Exercise Programmes
- Postural advice and adaptations
Some treatments that can treat pains:
- Acupuncture involves the insertion of extremely thin needles through your skin at strategic points on your body. A key component of traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture is most commonly used to treat pain.
- Galvanic bath is an alternative medical treatment (a type of electrotherapy). Water and a gentle electrical current are the components of this treatment, carried out in a bath at a temperature of 34°C whilst electricity is passed through the body.
- Hydro Massage Therapy is a type of “hands off” massage therapy that offers people a massage by exposing them to jets of temperature controlled water to massage the body.
- Fango Paraffin Treatment the curative properties of fango paraffin proceed from the joint effect of the sea mud formed in the ancient times (Posidonian slate) and pure paraffin. High thermal capacity and the volume of the heat energy guarantee the efficiency of the heat treatment.